Join us for a Weeklong, Statewide Celebration of School Meals!
Tuesday, October 12 – Friday, October 15
Join Full Plates in celebrating why #SchoolMealsMatterToME
Let’s go viral! Join the #SchoolMealsMatterToMe social media blitz
Kick off School Meals Celebration Week by joining in our #SchoolMealsMatterToME campaign. Take a photo of yourself, a friend, and/or your kid(s) holding our predesigned sign to let your network know that you value school meals. Here’s how:
- Download the #SchoolMealsMatterToME sign by clicking on the image below
- Print out and write in your “because” OR type your message before your print
- Take a picture of yourself or someone you love holding the sign. If you’d rather just post a picture of the sign, that’s perfectly fine!
- Post to your social media platforms with the hashtag #SchoolMealsMatterToME. Make sure to also tag Full Plates!
- Share with friends and family and invite them to join!
Sample social media posts:
- This week, we’re joining @FullPlatesFullPotential in celebrating all that school meals do for Maine kids and communities! Learn more at fullplates.org/SchoolMealsCelebrationWeek. #SchoolMealsMatterToME
- I/We love school meals because ______. Join me/us and @FullPlatesFullPotential in celebrating why #SchoolMealsMatterToME.
Show ’Em Some Love! Send a message of appreciation to school nutrition staff
School nutrition staff are child hunger heroes! We invite you to share a message of appreciation – to an individual school nutrition professional, the entire school nutrition staff at your community’s school(s), all school nutrition workers statewide, or even share a retrospective message of thanks for the school nutrition staff who fed you during your school days. Click the button below to thank Maine school food professionals for always going above and beyond to keep kids well-fed and ready to learn:
Lean into Local! Learn about the impact of school meals on local food systems with a fun quiz!
Friday – Join Us Live on Zoom!
Tune in from 12:30pm-1:30pm for a Full Plates-led Panel discussion. Hear experts from Good Shepherd Food Bank, JMG, and Maine Public Health Association talk about why school meals matter to Maine, what’s next now that Maine has passed groundbreaking School Meals for All legislation, and what’s still needed to ensure that no Maine child grows up hungry.