Full Plates Full Potential, along with partnering hunger relief organizations, announces the 2021 Legislative Priorities for the 130th Legislature.
In total five bills will be introduced:
1. An Act to Address Student Hunger through a Universal Free School Meals Program: Sponsored by Senate President Troy Jackson
2. An Act to Require at Least a 30-minute Lunch Period for Students: Sponsored by Representative Jan Dodge
3. An Act to Encourage the Purchase of Local Foods for Public Schools: Sponsored by Senator Eloise Vitelli
4. An Act to Ensure Maine Schools Receive Adequate Financial Resources: Sponsored by Education Co-Chair Representative Michael Brennan
5. An Act to Provide Equity in Access to Applications for the National School Lunch Program and School Breakfast Program: Sponsored by Rep. Rebecca Millett