Full Plates Full Potential is pleased to announce the Oakhurst Afterschool Meals Grant Program funding opportunity for CACFP At-Risk Afterschool Sponsors.
The new Oakhurst Afterschool Meals Grant Program helps eligible schools and qualified enrichment programs throughout the state provide more free after school meals for Maine students who need them. Oakhurst is donating $300,000 to Full Plates Full Potential to fund the grant program. This new funding will help scale the afterschool meal program school meal program and sustain the program’s infrastructure over time.
Dec 9 - Rolling
Grants range from
$250 - $8,000
For the following:
- Equipment needed to support opening new and/or operating sites (kitchen equipment, coolers, carts, tables, etc.)
- Outreach costs for enhanced marketing and advertising to eligible participants and their families
- Enrichment programming (in-person, online, or take-home)
- Transportation costs associated with serving multiple or mobile sites and/or with providing busing options for participants
- Staff time required to plan and prepare for the successful launch of new At Risk Afterschool meal sites (administrative time to complete the application process, time spent planning a reimbursable meal and/or snack cycle menu, development of attendance tracking procedures, filing systems, and staff trainings)
- Packaging to ensure food safety when meals are taken off site
- Increased food costs for ready-to-go/prepackaged items to be taken off site
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- And more!
CACFP At-Risk Afterschool Meals:
Portland Public Schools
Afterschool meals are critical for children to learn, grow, and thrive. When kids get to afterschool programming, it’s been hours since they’ve had lunch. They are hungry. When schools don’t offer an afterschool meal program, kids often leave school with lunch being their last meal of the day….
Questions or comments about our organization and what we do? We want to hear from you! Fill out our contact form with your name, email address, and message, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible!
188 State Street
Portland, ME 04101