Oakhurst Afterschool Meals Grant ProgramBack To Grants
Full Plates Full Potential is pleased to announce the Oakhurst Afterschool Meals Grant Program funding opportunity for CACFP At-Risk Afterschool Sponsors.
The new Oakhurst Afterschool Meals Grant Program helps eligible schools and qualified enrichment programs throughout the state provide more free after school meals for Maine students who need them. Oakhurst is donating $300,000 to Full Plates Full Potential to fund the grant program. This new funding will help scale the afterschool meal program school meal program and sustain the program’s infrastructure over time.
May 1st-Sept 6th
Tentative 2020/2021 cycle
May 4th- Sept 11th
Nov 1st-Dec 20th
Tentative 2020/2021 cycles
Nov 2nd- Dec 18th
Grants range from
$250 - $5,000
For the following:
- Equipment needed to support opening new and/or operating sites (kitchen equipment, coolers, carts, tables, etc.)
- Outreach costs for enhanced marketing and advertising to eligible participants and their families
- Investing in enrichment activities that will generate strong participation interest within the community
- Transportation costs associated with serving multiple or mobile sites and/or with providing busing options for participants
- Staff time required to plan and prepare for the successful launch of new At Risk Afterschool meal sites (administrative time to complete the application process, time spent planning a reimbursable meal and/or snack cycle menu, development of attendance tracking procedures, filing systems, and staff trainings)
- Travel costs associated with learning about best practices by visiting existing CACFP At-Risk Afterschool sites throughout the state of Maine
- And more!
CACFP At-Risk Afterschool Meals:
Portland Public Schools
Afterschool meals are critical for children to learn, grow, and thrive. When kids get to afterschool programming, it’s been hours since they’ve had lunch. They are hungry. When schools don’t offer an afterschool meal program, kids often leave school with lunch being their last meal of the day….
Questions or comments about our organization and what we do? Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us! Fill out our contact form with your name, email address, and message, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible!
188 State Street
Portland, ME 04101