The 2021 Winter School Meals Fund will provide financial support to federally funded child nutrition programs to assist with direct expenses related to providing meals to children in their community. This winter, the grant program will focus on providing funding for resources associated with alternative service models to increase access to school meals for children during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Grants will range from $250 to $5,000 and funding will be utilized for initiatives aimed at providing increased access to meals for children learning remotely at home, as well as efforts to utilize alternative meal service delivery methods in school during the COVID-19 pandemic. This includes transporting and delivering school meals to children at home, in classrooms, and at meal pickup sites. Priority will be given to projects targeting delivery to students at home and outside of school. Grant award limit is up to $5,000 per district.
January 8th - January 29th
Grants range from
$250 - $5,000
For the following:
- Transportation costs associated with delivering meals to multiple locations or directly to childrens’ homes (vehicle, vehicle maintenance and repair, fuel for vehicles)
- Packaging costs needed to provide food safe meals
- Equipment costs needed for the safe storage, delivery, and distribution of meals, either on-site or via delivery (preference will be given to meal delivery requests)
- Increased staffing and labor costs
- Increased food and ingredient costs
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) costs to ensure safety of staff and safe production, handling, and distribution of meals
- Outreach costs for enhanced marketing and advertising to eligible families
- and more!
Questions or comments about our organization and what we do? We want to hear from you! Fill out our contact form with your name, email address, and message, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible!
188 State Street
Portland, ME 04101