A POWERFUL WAY TO GIVE BACK
Full Plates Full Potential partners meaningfully extend their corporate impact by building cause marketing that resonates with their customers.
feed KIDS CAUSE MARKETING PLATFORM
The feed KIDS™ program is a turnkey cause marketing and civic crowdfunding initiative designed for businesses of all sizes and industries to take action toward ending child hunger in Maine. Every dollar raised helps connect a kid with ten meals.
How FEED KIDS™ works
- Partners identify an item, product or service dedicated to help end child hunger
- Designate a set amount from each sale of that item as a charitable donation
- As your funds accumulate, select a FUND LOCAL™ project and invest funds directly where they will do the most good
(See Meet Fund Local
below for details.)
Every donation serves as an opportunity to help Maine children live happy, healthy lives.
OUR PRIORITY: END CHILD HUNGER IN MAINE
No child should grow up hungry, but one in four children in Maine struggles with hunger. Nearly 50% of all Maine students qualify for free or reduced meals at school due to food insecurity. Full Plates Full Potential is ending child hunger by ensuring all children have access to the healthy food they need, every day. Learn how we do it here.
MEET FUND LOCAL™
What if an elementary school could increase breakfast participation from 20% to 80% or more for just a few hundreds dollars so kids start the day ready to learn? Or what if an investment of less than one thousand dollars could help start a summer meals site where kids can find nutritious meals all summer long. That’s the power of FUND LOCAL™.
Empowering public schools from Kittery to Fort Kent to request support, the Fund Local platform will lead to the end of child hunger one school/district at a time. Fund Local is designed to generate support for the infrastructure and administration needed to maximize available USDA Child Nutrition funding. Right now, there are requests that you can help bring to life with a gift of any amount.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Think crowdfunding. Full Plates Full Potential works directly with the Maine Department of Education to invite school districts from across the state to initiate FUND LOCAL™ projects to address hunger in their school(s).
Partners demonstrate goodwill and their commitment to our cause by making a direct investment from every donation. As funds accumulate feed KIDS™ partners may select projects that have direct meaning to them and their community. Additionally, we strongly encourage partners to make their custmers aware of FUND LOCAL™ through on and offline materials messaging that invites them to help fund a project too.
- Schools choose from a menu of projects designed to reach kids in Maine who struggle with food insecurity (hunger).
- Approved projects are posted on the Full Plates Full Potential FUND LOCAL platform.
- Projects are promoted by school administrators, teachers, PTAs, and other stakeholders in the local community.
- Program partners and others help drive donors to FUND LOCAL which amplifies support.
- Once fully funded, a project manager from the Full Plates Full Potential network works with the school to implement the project at the school.
- Data from the school and the Department of Education is reviewed and results are shared on FUND LOCAL and with all project donors.
- Kids are fed and ready to learn and our community is strengthen.
Each project is carefully reviewed and approved by Full Plates Full Potential prior to becoming eligible for a funding campaign. This ensures that every project is effective and efficient with maximum impact. Each project comes with the promise of ending child hunger. Donors have access to a final report that shows exactly how the funds were used, and how many meals were served and children fed.
Ending child hunger is possible. FUND LOCAL can make it happen.